Eura Nova: A work environment conducive to learning and exchange
Eura Nova is an IT Belgium company, offering a range of services from expert consultancy to IT innovation advisory, through to solution delivery projects.
Eura Nova favors an innovative approach based on diversification (training, technology projects, management excellence), partnership (academic, open source and privileged private actors) and collaboration (internal and external).
They have even their own incubator lab. Eura Nova encourages their clients to adopt a startup mentality using their own formal process: the ‘Dream, Do, Deliver’ approach. It includes three steps which are undertaken jointly by them and their client: Dream Their people focus on creatively broadening the client’s perspectives and vision of the future. Do They develop custom-made and innovative solutions which add value to the client’s bottom-line and provide them with a competitive edge? Deliver They implement the solutions within the organisation as efficiency as possible. Eura Nova’s business is all about knowledge, and its use in different environments. This implies that its staff has an inquisitive nature and a continuous desire to learn. From the outset, Eura Nova sought to differentiate itself from its competitors by providing a work environment conducive to learning and interaction. The objective: to have better trained, more efficient consultants, but above all, to create a dynamic, innovative and creative culture. This approach was intended not only to promote the development of its staff but also to directly benefit clients involved in the collaborative process. This posed an immediate challenge due to the nature of Euranova’s activities, and the geographical distribution of participants.
“Elium has become the concrete embodiment of the collaborative spirit implemented within Eura Nova. People within the Eura Nova network have intuitively perceived that their inputs to the project were efficiently tackled, and that they were clearly invited to take part in the action through it. Thanks to this, we are able to provide the relevant support and added value promised to our clients.”
– Hervé Bath, co-founder Eura Nova
Collective, interactive and open
The first step Eura Nova took, was to open a solution for managing interactive and open collective knowledge. A knowledge base providing more than the sum of individual knowledge within it, and one that everyone, in whatever location, could use. Interactive functions such as comments and assessments were essential. Eura Nova also wanted to interact with its clients via this platform, so it needed to maintain perfect control of security, access and the degree of information visibility.
For the individual
- Knowledge base: increasing skills through access to each other’s knowledge and stimulation of everyone’s natural curiosity
- Invitation to participate in the discussions, which increases the sense of mutual responsibility rather than that of hierarchy
- Space for sharing personal information on interests and hobbies, which also contributes to building mutual trust
For the management
- Alert on changing internal information status, close monitoring of all information produced
- Status alert on exchanges relating to a client’s case: close monitoring of changes in missions
- Human resource management and personal development: space sharing between each consultant and their direct management
- External communication: feeding the Eura Nova web- site with news and information through elium
For the group
- Capitalization of knowledge
- Transparent internal communication
- Sense of belonging
For the client
- Added value: experience, collective skill set and not purely individual
- Access to a reserved shared space in elium for better interaction